Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Beautiful Shabd

kilAwn mhlw 4 ]
kaliaan mehalaa 4
Kalyaan, Fourth Mehl:
pRB kIjY ik®pw inDwn hm hir gun gwvhgy ]
prabh keejai kirapaa nidhaan ham har gun gaavehagae
O God, Treasure of Mercy, please bless me, that I may sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord.
hau qumrI krau inq Aws pRB moih kb gil lwvihgy ]1] rhwau ]
ho thumaree karo nith aas prabh mohi kab gal laavehigae 1 rehaao
I always place my hopes in You; O God, when will you take me in Your Embrace? 1Pause
hm bwirk mugD ieAwn ipqw smJwvihgy ]
ham baarik mugadh eiaan pithaa samajhaavehigae
I am a foolish and ignorant child; Father, please teach me!
suqu iKnu iKnu BUil ibgwir jgq ipq Bwvihgy ]1]
suth khin khin bhool bigaar jagath pith bhaavehigae 1
Your child makes mistakes again and again, but still, You are pleased with him, O Father of the Universe. 1
jo hir suAwmI qum dyhu soeI hm pwvhgy ]
jo har suaamee thum dhaehu soee ham paavehagae
Whatever You give me, O my Lord and Master - that is what I receive.
moih dUjI nwhI Taur ijsu pih hm jwvhgy ]2]
mohi dhoojee naahee thour jis pehi ham jaavehagae 2
There is no other place where I can go. 2
jo hir Bwvih Bgq iqnw hir Bwvihgy ]
jo har bhaavehi bhagath thinaa har bhaavehigae
Those devotees who are pleasing to the Lord - the Lord is pleasing to them.
joqI joiq imlwie joiq ril jwvhgy ]3]
jothee joth milaae joth ral jaavehagae 3
Their light merges into the Light; the lights are merged and blended together. 3
hir Awpy hoie ik®pwlu Awip ilv lwvihgy ]
har aapae hoe kirapaal aap liv laavehigae
The Lord Himself has shown mercy; He lovingly attunes me to Himself.
jnu nwnku srin duAwir hir lwj rKwvihgy ]4]6]
jan naanak saran dhuaar har laaj rakhaavehigae 46
Servant Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of the Door of the Lord, who protects his honor. 46

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home