Monday, August 14, 2006

Within God's Will


Before going to sleep I was worried
Worried of not being able to awaken
With your hukam I woke early
With you kirpa it was all possible

Today I truly learnt I have no power
I could make the biggest plans
Have the biggest dreams
Without your kirpa they are of no worth



Everything happens in your will Maharaj
Why can’t I just accept that?
Why is my mind anxious to oppose?
Did I make a mistake?

This pain, this yearning to be with you is a gift
It is the sweetest pain
My heart aches Maharaj
I ask for your blessing.




Maharaj says in today's Hukamnama...

"Mayray har jee-o sabh ko tayrai vas."

In this line, Guru Ji is talking directly to God: ""mayray har jee-o" means oh my beloved Lord, where "jee-o" is a term of love and respect, saying oh my dear God. "Sabh" means everything, "tayrai vas" means in your power, in your control ("vas" means control/power/command). Oh my dear God, everything is in your power/control.

"Asaa jor naahee jay kichh kar ham saakah ji-o bhaavai tivai bakhas. ||1|| Rahaa-o."

"Jor" means power, "naahee" means none at all. Guru Ji says I have no power at all. "Jay kichh kar ham saakah" means to do anything at all without you God. "Ji-o" means in which way, "bhaavai" means as it pleases you, to be in your will ("bhaavai" means to please), "bakhas" means to forgive, save, and liberate us. In any way you seem fit, oh God, in any way it pleases you please save us is all I ask. "Rahaa-o", pause and think Guru Ji says.

Sikhnet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home