Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Why I won't make time for me?

Why won't I make time for me?
Fear of coming to the realisation 
That you left me all alone
By myself
Fear that I will have to face without that front
If I carry on, feed the kids, do the chores, sort work, I don't stop
I'm exhausted by the end of the day
So tired I exhaust myself into bed
That before my head hits the pillow I'm gone
Don't give myself time to reflect or realise
You went without saying bye

I didn't want you to go
I needed you Mum
More then you could ever know
I yearn to see you again 
But you live on in my head
I talk to you all the time
But if I stop, if I make time for me
I'll realise and see you left me here 

For 18months I lived with a front
A strong front to hold it together 

To keep some sort of normality
If I take the time to stop 
I fear I'll end up in a depressed state moreso then I already am

This front is easy to keep busy to say I'm ok
I'm not ok
I'm hurting 
I have never loved anyone like I love you Mum 
Your love carries me today 
Your love knows no bounds 
This separation between us has killed me
When you left me here all alone

I love you Mum, always have and always will. Can't wait to see you again. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home