Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Silent Prayer

Why is it that Simran is always the key?
From the heart I prayed to you Maharaj
You came through as always; blessed me with the courage
Thank you

Guru Arjan Dev Ji you gave your life for us
You showed immense courage
You taught us the power of Simran
Thank you

Many feelings, emotions today
Just like the Raags; the feelings of our Gurus
This sangat is key; for now and future
Thank you

Love your Sewa
Love your Simran
Love your Sangat
Thank you


Looking at me though, I don’t look the part…

Remember? When I was told that, ‘Guru Ji don’t love you as much as he loves his Gursikhs, his Khalsa Panth, his Amritdhari sons and daughters.’

I cried. I cried my eyes out. I remember that amrit vela distinictly. How could I forget? The day I thought you turned your back on me? The day I felt I had lost everything. The day there was no meaning to my life. The day I nearly lost you. I couldn’t stop the tears. Even on the tube.

I got off at my stop. Walked along the familiar platform, along the same steps. You spoke to me. You spoke to me.

I looked up and saw your message, so vivid, so clear:

Change the way you feel, not the way you look

A fresh set of tears streamed down. This time of happiness. Of pyar. I couldn’t believe the pyar you had for me. Maharaj ina pyar?

I know I am not perfect and I have not taken initiation into the Khalsa Panth but Maharaj these are my baby steps. Hold my hand, guide me and never stop these tears. I love you so much. I make mistakes, Waheguru. I make MANY mistakes. I ask for your forgiveness, don’t ever leave my side.

This is my silent prayer. Seems so loud yet none hears a word. Waheguru you hear my every step.


"Kar kirpaa apnay parabh keenay naam apunay kee keenee daat."

God has done "kirpa", given his mercy, showered his grace upon us. God has blessed those saints, God has shown mercy upon them "apunay", he’s made them his own. What does that mean? "Apnay?" It means to make them one with him. He’s brought them within himself. "Parabh keenay" the Lord himself has done this. How? "Naam apunay kee keenee daat." "Daat" means the gift of. "Naam apunay" means of his name. God has given them the gift…. "Keenee" means to give… Has given them the gift of his own name. Through meditating on the naam, they become one with the Lord.

Sikhnet

1 Comments:

Blogger Singh U & R Kaur said...

Waheguru...Waheguru...

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 4:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home