Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Maerae Govidhaa


This Shabad is by Guru Raam Daas Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 173 

gourree maajh mehalaa 4 ||
Gauree Maajh, Fourth Mehla:
aao sakhee gun kaaman kareehaa jeeo ||
Come, O sisters - let's make virtue our charms.
mil sa(n)th janaa ra(n)g maanih raleeaa jeeo ||
Let's join the Saints, and enjoy the pleasure of the Lord's Love.
gur dheepak giaan sadhaa man baleeaa jeeo ||
The lamp of the Guru's spiritual wisdom burns steadily in my mind.
har thut(h)ai dtul dtul mileeaa jeeo ||1||
The Lord, being pleased and moved by pity, has led me to meet Him. ||1||
maerai man than praem lagaa har dtolae jeeo ||
My mind and body are filled with love for my Darling Lord.
mai maelae mithra sathigur vaecholae jeeo ||
The True Guru, the Divine Intermediary, has united me with my Friend.
man dhaevaa(n) sa(n)thaa maeraa prabh maelae jeeo ||
I offer my mind to the Guru, who has led me to meet my God.
har vittarriahu sadhaa gholae jeeo ||2||
I am forever a sacrifice to the Lord. ||2||
vas maerae piaariaa vas maerae govidhaa har kar kirapaa man vas jeeo ||
Dwell, O my Beloved, dwell, O my Lord of the Universe; O Lord, show mercy to me and come to dwell within my mind.

min icMidAVw Plu pwieAw myry goivMdw guru pUrw vyiK ivgsu jIau ]
man chi(n)dhiarraa fal paaeiaa maerae govi(n)dhaa gur pooraa vaekh vigas jeeo ||
I have obtained the fruits of my mind's desires, O my Lord of the Universe; I am transfixed with ecstasy, gazing upon the Perfect Guru.


har naam miliaa sohaaganee maerae govi(n)dhaa man anadhin anadh rehas jeeo ||
The happy soul-brides receive the Lord's Name, O my Lord of the Universe; night and day, their minds are blissful and happy.
har paaeiarraa vaddabhaageeee maerae govi(n)dhaa nith lai laahaa man has jeeo ||3||
By great good fortune, the Lord is found, O my Lord of the Universe; earning profit continually, the mind laughs with joy. ||3||
har aap oupaaeae har aapae vaekhai har aapae kaarai laaeiaa jeeo ||
The Lord Himself creates, and the Lord Himself beholds; the Lord Himself assigns all to their tasks.
eik khaavehi bakhas thott n aavai eikanaa fakaa paaeiaa jeeo ||
Some partake of the bounty of the Lord's favor, which never runs out, while others receive only a handful.


eik raajae thakhath behehi nith sukheeeae eikanaa bhikh ma(n)gaaeiaa jeeo ||
Some sit upon thrones as kings, and enjoy constant pleasures, while others must beg for charity.


sabh eiko sabadh varathadhaa maerae govidhaa jan naanak naam dhhiaaeiaa jeeo ||4||2||28||66||
The Word of the Shabad is pervading in everyone, O my Lord of the Universe; servant Nanak meditates on the Naam. ||4||2||28||66||






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home