Sunday, December 03, 2006

Water in Water

Raag sorat(h) baanee bhagath ravidhaas jee kee
Raag Sorat'h, The Word Of Devotee Ravi Daas Jee:



ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:


jab ham hothae thab thoo naahee ab thoohee mai naahee ||
When I am in my ego, then You are not with me. Now that You are with me, there is no egotism within me.
Each day I live in ego. Hence you see the posts of me complaining being far from Waheguru. A simple reason: I live in ego. It is always about me, me, me.



anal agam jaisae lehar mae oudhadhh jal kaeval jal maa(n)hee ||1||
The wind may raise up huge waves in the vast ocean, but they are just water in water. ||1||
Where have we all come from? From Waheguru. What was God’s reason to make the earth? The reason is for us to experience how to fall back into Rabh. The reason for water to rise and become a cloud is so it can flow back into the ocean again. Water is water (liquid), ice (solid), vapour (gas) but as Guru Ji is saying it is still water in water.

Rain is so beautiful. Rain is so romantic. Rain falls with such intensity because it can’t wait to be one with the ocean again. People call me weird because I love the rain when I am inside. I can sit on my bed for hours and just watch the rainfall. I see Sikhi. We are souls all apart of Rabh. We are here to merge back into Waheguru.



maadhhavae kiaa keheeai bhram aisaa ||
O Lord, what can I say about such an illusion?


jaisaa maaneeai hoe n thaisaa ||1|| rehaao ||
Things are not as they seem. ||1||Pause||



narapath eaek si(n)ghaasan soeiaa supanae bhaeiaa bhikhaaree ||
It is like the king, who falls asleep upon his throne, and dreams that he is a beggar.


ashhath raaj bishhurath dhukh paaeiaa so gath bhee hamaaree ||2||
His kingdom is intact, but separated from it, he suffers in sorrow. Such is my own condition. ||2||
We have all that we ever need inside us. It’s all inside us. The treasure of Naam is inside us. We usffer because we think we are separated from it. But we jus dnt know how to open that treasure of NAAM. I always feel so far from Maharaj. But I forget he is inside me. I suffer because I think I am far from him when he is there each and every day, every minute talking to me, taking care of me.


raaj bhueia(n)g prasa(n)g jaisae hehi ab kashh maram janaaeiaa ||
Like the story of the rope mistaken for a snake, the mystery has now been explained to me.



anik kattak jaisae bhool parae ab kehathae kehan n aaeiaa ||3||
Like the many bracelets, which I mistakenly thought were gold; now, I do not say what I said then. ||3||



sarabae eaek anaekai suaamee sabh ghatt bhuogavai soee ||
The One Lord is pervading the many forms; He enjoys Himself in all hearts.



kehi ravidhaas haathh pai naerai sehajae hoe s hoee ||4||1||
Says Ravi Daas, the Lord is nearer than our own hands and feet. Whatever will be, will be. ||4||1||

This reminded me of katha I heard by my brother Sukha Singh. He translated it beautifully. Waheguru is closer then your hands and feet. What is closer to you then your hands? When you get cut what goes there first? Your hand. When you fall over what stops you from faling? Your hand. What is closer to you then your hand? When you get something in your eye, what goes there first? Your hand. ‘Kehi ravidhaas haathh pai naerai sehajae hoe s hoee.’ He is closer then your hands and your feet. Maharaj is that close to us? Like I can see my hand I wish I could see you Maharaj. I wish I could see you. That longing is always there. ALWAYS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home