Sunday, February 24, 2008

Seeing my Guru

I don't have the words to describe how I walked into Darbar Sahib today and My Guru spoke to me. He really did. How I thank you Maharaj for sikhi to the max. The words are so so special. Every word was drawing me closer and closer

The first step
The first glimpse
The first drawing
To my Guru

Guru Granth Sahib dressed in beautiful dress
The colour a bride's parents wear on her wedding
It was the first sign

I sat down and listened to keertan
Resounding within my heart
It was the second sign

I bowed before Maharaj
Tears began to fall
It was the third sign

I looked up to sikhitothemax.com
The words echoed in my soul
It was the fourth sign

Maharaj said it is in the will of Waheguru
Was is to be is with his blessings


This Shabad is by Bhagat Naam Dev Ji in Raag Tilang on Pannaa 727

nwmdyv jI ]
naamadhaev jee
Naam Dayv Jee:
mY AMDuly kI tyk qyrw nwmu KuMdkwrw ]
mai a(n)dhhulae kee ttaek thaeraa naam khu(n)dhakaaraa
I am blind; Your Name, O Creator Lord, is my only anchor and support.


mY grIb mY mskIn qyrw nwmu hY ADwrw ]1] rhwau ]
mai gareeb mai masakeen thaeraa naam hai adhhaaraa 1 rehaao
I am poor, and I am meek. Your Name is my only support. 1Pause


krImW rhImW Alwh qU gnNØI ]
kareemaa(n) reheemaa(n) alaah thoo gana(n)aee
O beautiful Lord, benevolent and merciful Lord, You are so wealthy and generous.


hwjrw hjUir dir pyis qUM mnNØI ]1]
haajaraa hajoor dhar paes thoo(n) mana(n)aee 1
You are ever-present in every presence, within and before me. 1


drIAwau qU idhMd qU ibsIAwr qU DnI ]
dhareeaao thoo dhiha(n)dh thoo biseeaar thoo dhhanee
You are the river of life, You are the Giver of all; You are so very wealthy.


dyih lyih eyku qUM idgr ko nhI ]2]
dhaehi laehi eaek thoo(n) dhigar ko nehee 2
You alone give, and You alone take away; there is no other at all. 2


qUM dwnW qUM bInW mY bIcwru ikAw krI ]
thoo(n) dhaanaa(n) thoo(n) beenaa(n) mai beechaar kiaa karee
You are wise, You are the supreme seer; how could I make You an object of thought?


nwmy cy suAwmI bKsMd qUM hrI ]3]1]2]
naamae chae suaamee bakhasa(n)dh thoo(n) haree 312
O Lord and Master of Naam Dayv, You are the merciful Lord of forgiveness. 312


Even after I take my vows, Guru Maharaj, its customary to leave your parents. I refuse to leave my Guru. I will not let my Sikhi leave once I get married. haajaraa hajoor dhar paes thoo(n) mana(n)aee, your presence is all I need to make me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home